We've lived in the same house for five years now. We've had three children, gained a dog, lost a dog, rescued another, planted a tree, watched it grow, painted walls, ripped up carpets, and laid down floors. We've always said the house was a major blessing that God made possible.
Now we move. We move into another house. It's smaller. I'm okay with that. It's been an adventure of sorts - trying to learn how to fit our family into this new house. We've reorganized, downsized, stored, and scoured Pinterest for tips. In all of this my kids are excited to be somewhere new, especially since it's closer to their Mimi and Pops.
My older two have set out learning where things are and what it's like to walk out of their rooms and have their parents' room be only a few steps away.
I hung pictures on the wall today. I've cooked in the kitchen and served my family meals at the dining table. My kids are sleep in their beds and my husband and I are relaxing in the living room together. Now it's a home - our home - and we're already making memories in it.
Now we move. We move into another house. It's smaller. I'm okay with that. It's been an adventure of sorts - trying to learn how to fit our family into this new house. We've reorganized, downsized, stored, and scoured Pinterest for tips. In all of this my kids are excited to be somewhere new, especially since it's closer to their Mimi and Pops.
My older two have set out learning where things are and what it's like to walk out of their rooms and have their parents' room be only a few steps away.
I hung pictures on the wall today. I've cooked in the kitchen and served my family meals at the dining table. My kids are sleep in their beds and my husband and I are relaxing in the living room together. Now it's a home - our home - and we're already making memories in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment