Monday, January 4, 2016

Four

For future reference: I stay up so late that I still count entries made after midnight as the day before.

I am typing this up on my phone so forgive me if I miss fixing a typo.

My word of the year two years ago was "content". Being someone who battles a lot with depression I've spent copious amounts of time trying to iron out what triggers it so I can prevent it from happening again. One of my major triggers is my inability to be content with what I have. It's usually not materialistic, though it can be, but instead is a comparison problem. It's a coveting problem. I covet the talents and achievements of others. I daydream and wish and pray for something I do to be amazing and to glorify God in some miraculous way. I want what I make, or create, or invest in to be. . .more than.

So I chose to focus on contentment. I probably could've chosen to do it again last year. Apparently this is one of my major Achilles heels. However lovely my motivations may be, creating something great for God strangely became an idol for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment