Sunday, January 3, 2016

Three

Tomorrow, other than my son still being at home for one more day of Christmas break, it's back to regular programming. I've picked up a book on apologetics in women's ministry that I had started a while back and I'm hoping to finish now. I also plan on rereading Little Bee, finishing The Circle Series by Ted Dekker, reading at least one more book in the Wizard of Oz series, and several more. I didn't get to read much in 2015 and I'm actually pretty disappointed about it. I have always been a big reader but I struggled with some really big bouts of depression last year. They were some of the deepest, darkest moments I've had in many years. It affected how I handled things and what I accomplished - or didn't accomplish, rather. I'm determined that, as a part of chasing God this year, I will be able to reclaim some of that joy that He gives.

I do have goals. I'm not a "list your goals so you can achieve them" kind of person but I do have them. I also have no illusions of my abilities to be consistent in achieving them. I know myself too well.

The fact is I have PCOS and was diagnosed as pre-diabetic. Without going into details I've been kind of worried about my health and that I might be escalating toward losing the "pre" in that diagnosis. I'd been doing really well losing the "baby" weight and getting back into shape until around October sometime. I got bronchitis and ended up unable to exercise due to that for a month . . . then I fell down the stairs and broke my tailbone which further delayed the bike riding I had been doing as my exercise. It's January and I still can't ride my bike. Both the weather and tailbone injury are keeping me cooped up. I don't eat incredibly well, because I'm dumb, so you can imagine I'm back pedaling health-wise.

I used some of my Christmas money to buy an elliptical machine that is just the right size to fit into the house we just moved into. I ran on it tonight while watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It was torture on two fronts! (Ok, it was actually a decent episode where Sisko's acting was much better than it normally is.)

So my goals, in general, are health, financial, and spiritual growth. The financial is more of a "get back to just above floating" goal. Nothing major. I don't care if we never make a ton of money. This last year taught me a few things. I really just want to get back to where I can buy something small for my kids without wondering if I will regret it later.

I really feel like writing tonight but I'm worried this is mundane and boring. I am in the mood to write but I don't have any interesting material in mind or inspiration or muse to call on.

I still haven't seen the new Star Wars. Don't spoil it for me. I'm frustrated that I haven't been able to see it yet. I even had to stop following some of my favorite Facebook pages because they had started posting about plot and things. This fangirl is going a bit mad.

Christmas break was lovely, by the way. Even with the stress of moving (which is still ongoing. ugh.) we were able to get some much needed family time with immediate and extended family. That being said I'm pretty okay with getting back into my routine tomorrow. I'll just miss my hubby...because I'm clingy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment